Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Constraint on all XYZ axis

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
dinesh920
772 Views, 3 Replies

Constraint on all XYZ axis

Is it possible to constraint XYZ axis of a solid to another solid? In my assembly, I have use angular constraint to constraint X axis of PADDLE to X axis of ARM by 140 degree and then I also constrain Y axis of ARM to Y axis of PADDLE by 10 degree. When i want to angular constrain the Z axis of ARM to Z axis of PADDLE, i got the message the "assembly cannot be solved". Is there a reason why it is not possible or did I use the wrong way or is there any other method to solve this problem? Please Advice

I am using AutoDesk Inventor 2016

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Xun.Zhang
in reply to: dinesh920

Hello @dinesh920,

Please pre-define the UCS in two components and then leverage UCS constraint to do so.

Untitled.png

Hope it helps!

Xun
Message 3 of 4
dinesh920
in reply to: Xun.Zhang

how do u use this method as i do not understand at which point i must put the UCS. Please advice

Message 4 of 4
jhackney1972
in reply to: dinesh920

In my screencast I show you how to place a UCS on the shaft and the arm and then show you how to constrain them together, in all axis, using the Constrain Set option in the Place Constraint dialog box.  I did only one connection to save screencast time so you will have to do the same process for the arm to paddle components.

I could not send you my model since I do not have access to Inventor 2016, I am using Inventor 2019.  It is just one way to constrain these parts.  Keep in mind that your UCS are not real critical in their placement since the parts are symmetrical in themselves.  You sometimes will have to consider the UCS axis when placing on components that have a certain orientation to each other.

"If you find my answer solved your question, please select the Accept Solution icon"

John Hackney
Retired

Beyond the Drafting Board

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report