Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conflicting Constraints message without Conflict -- Inventor 2019

15 REPLIES 15
Message 1 of 16
Anonymous
1288 Views, 15 Replies

Conflicting Constraints message without Conflict -- Inventor 2019

I've used Inventor for over 10 years and I'd get the error message appropriately. With this new install of Inventor 2019 I get it practically every time and there's no constraint conflict.  Is this happening to other users out there? Is there a fix? -Greg

15 REPLIES 15
Message 2 of 16
Cadmanto
in reply to: Anonymous

No, haven't seen this one.  Do you have the latest SP loaded?

Windows 10 x64 -16GB Ram
Intel i7-6700 @ 3.41ghz
nVidia GTS 250 - 1 GB
Inventor Pro 2018

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 3 of 16
3D4Play

+1 this complaint. Yes, I started having this issue with 2019, and it persists in 2020. In my case, it seems to be related to applying constraints when there are patterned components or assemblies, but I cannot isolate it to that. It is a nuisance because it causes an extra click to clear the error. I'm also having an issue with mouse focus affecting constraint selections.

Message 4 of 16
johnsonshiue
in reply to: 3D4Play

Hi Guys,

The behavior does not sound right to me. Please share the files here so forum experts can take a look.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 5 of 16
3D4Play
in reply to: johnsonshiue

Right now, the best I can do is offer four sequential screenshots showing the steps I was able to recreate back in November. Since the constraint ends up resolving after it reports the error, it seems pointless to upload the files as "an issue" when - obviously - everything is properly constrained by the time the file save is made. Apparently I can only upload three files at once. I'll upload the fourth file, next.

Message 6 of 16
3D4Play

#4 of 4 images

Message 7 of 16
johnsonshiue

Hi! Do you mind sharing the files here or sending them to me directly (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)? The behavior does not look right to me. But, without the files, there isn't much I can do.

Many thanks!

Software Test Engineer
Message 8 of 16
JohnHolder

Same error.

Almost every constraint gives an error... I have to either suppress or delete 'conflicts' but there should be any.  It is really a huge time waster.

An education isn't how much you have committed to memory, or even how much you know. It's being able to differentiate between what you know and what you don't.
-------------------------------------
"Do or do not... there is no try"
Master Yoda.
Message 9 of 16
JDMather
in reply to: JohnHolder

Can you Attach your assembly here?

I will make significant wager on error in logic.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 10 of 16
3D4Play

Your post makes it sound like you actually do have constraint errors after the command is finished. The key to my issue was that Inventor was throwing errors during the constraint command, but had no actual errors once the error was ignored by "accept the constraint". My screenshots from the past post tell the tale. Click apply to the constraint, get the error, click accept to ignore the error, see the correctly constrained part with no red cross errors, and no constraint issues. Is this what you are experiencing?

Message 11 of 16
johnsonshiue

Hi John,

I suspect you are seeing the same failed constraints coming up, since the operations you performed trigger update. You can suppress those same errors at Tools -> App Options -> Prompts -> check "Do not show messages for pre-existing errors."

But, I personal preference is to resolve those errors (delete the constraints or fix the geometry). The issue with these errors is that they can slow down the compute, since Inventor will try to resolve those errors for you.

Please feel free to share an example here, so forum experts can help take a look.

Many thanks!

Software Test Engineer
Message 12 of 16
ralvarado

It happens consistantly in large assemblies. No actual bad mates. Red cross.
Accept mate anyway. Drag the part to the mate, "snap!" all good. The red cross is gone.
Another thing Autodesk doesn't fix.
Message 13 of 16
blandb

Is 2019 the release of the "Aligned, Opposed, Undirected" axis mates? I can't remember. I am curious if the error has to do with the solution type. I see where the images shows axis related item, but I cannot see the selections or the arrows identifying directions. So, this is simply an assumption of what the software could be barking about.

Autodesk Certified Professional
Message 14 of 16
johnsonshiue
in reply to: ralvarado

Hi! I would appreciate if you can share the files. I am more than happy to take a look at this persistent issue. Try something real quick. Go to Tools -> App Options -> Assembly -> check "Enable redundant relationship analysis."

After that, go to Manage -> Rebuild All. Does it work better now?

Many thanks!

Software Test Engineer
Message 15 of 16
prhoads3W8KL

I also see this error. Even after I delete all relationships, I still get a constrain error when creating a basic mate.

Message 16 of 16
johnsonshiue
in reply to: prhoads3W8KL

Hi! It is possible there are corrupted constraints in the assembly acting up. Please share the files in zip here or send it to me directly johnson.shiue@autodesk.com. I would like to understand the behavior better.

Many thanks!

Software Test Engineer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report