Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Compound Parts List

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
dee.bee333
256 Views, 7 Replies

Compound Parts List

Is there a way to create a compound parts list like the attached image for various model states? Each model state has it's own assembly number and we would like to have a parts list that clearly shows the differences. I'm spinning my wheels and was hoping someone here had a good suggestion.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
dliteful
in reply to: dee.bee333

iAssembly would handle this easily.

Message 3 of 8
ZORALYSSOSA

Hi, could you be i little more specific?

When you create several model states, those diferences can be reflected directly in the bill of materials. The deactivated pieces will appear in the bill of materials, but they will reflect quantity 0, but I don't know if that is what you require.
Greetings.

Message 4 of 8
BDCollett
in reply to: ZORALYSSOSA

@ZORALYSSOSA wrote:

Hi, could you be i little more specific?

When you create several model states, those diferences can be reflected directly in the bill of materials. The deactivated pieces will appear in the bill of materials, but they will reflect quantity 0, but I don't know if that is what you require.
Greetings.

There is an option to not display the 0 Quantity now.

Message 5 of 8
dee.bee333

@ZORALYSSOSAThat does sound like what I need, how do I get the parts list to display this way? I can't figure out how to display multiple model states in one parts list.

Message 6 of 8
ZORALYSSOSA

When the state of the model is active, the bill of materials will reflect it and delli can export it.
Greetings.

Message 7 of 8
dee.bee333

@ZORALYSSOSA but am I able to show multiple model states in one parts list?

Message 8 of 8
johnsonshiue

Hi! The ability to create a compound PartsList for multiple Model States like iAssembly is not yet supported. You can create a General Table by selecting a part or an assembly with multiple Model States. The Model State table will be shown on the drawing sheet.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report