Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clear Appearance Damaged

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
828 Views, 4 Replies

Clear Appearance Damaged

Hello,

I am having issues with the clear appearance on a part and assembly level.

The appearance is set to clear blue although the part changes to blue it is not transparent.

This only happens for some old parts that I use.

I am on inventor 2017.

The appearance drop down list shows all the appearances although the "preview sphere" is dark grey for all the clear options.

I have looked but cant find a solution.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Mark.Lancaster
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous

Welcome to the Autodesk User's Community..

Sounds like the document appearance has been modified.  Under Tools/Styles, for those components that have the wrong appearance update the document appearance using the appearance library that you are using

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 3 of 5
johnsonshiue

Hi! There are two possible causes leading to the behavior. 1) The clear blue appearance is applied to the feature or the faces in the part as oppose to entire body or part. 2) The appearance is derived from a source part with clear blue appearance.

If neither applies to you, please share an example. I would like to understand the behavior better. There should be a logical reason.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 4 of 5
kelly.young

Hello @Anonymous I see that you are visiting as a new member to the Inventor Forum.
Welcome to the Autodesk Community!

Have you tried Clear Override:

ClearOverride.png

or Clear > Select All:

ClearOverride2.png

If you can embed a screenshot or record a screencast of what you are experiencing that would be helpful.

Please select the Accept as Solution button if a post solves your issue or answers your question.

Message 5 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Mark.Lancaster

Thanks Mark,

I updated the library and the clear appearance is working again.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report