Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Circular Pattern Solid command - highlight style

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
mluterman
191 Views, 6 Replies

Circular Pattern Solid command - highlight style

I must've changed a setting that affected this, but I don't know what it was.

In the first screenshot below, when I select the solid to perform a circular pattern, the whole item becomes shaded pink, where before, only the edges of the part had a dashed line for each (similar to 2nd screenshot below when you select features, except the entire body was highlighted that way/all edges). Please help me find my mistake.

mluterman_0-1717158091396.png

mluterman_1-1717158323813.png

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Hi

Check out the settings for different highlighting combinations in the kokora tab in settings.

In version 2025, the highlighting rules have been changed to include, for example, spheres and torus.

Kacper Suchomski

EESignature

YouTube - Inventor tutorials | WWW | LinkedIn | Instagram

Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

Message 3 of 7

Hello Kacper, if you're talking about this (below), I tried all possible combinations under the "Highlight" area (including shutting them all off), but nothing seemed to work, yet it was OK (with proper dashed outlines only) on one of my cowoker's computers (running exact same setup as me).

mluterman_0-1717165793287.png

Message 4 of 7
CCarreiras
in reply to: mluterman

Hi!

Could it be the selection filter selected?

GF132.gif

CCarreiras

EESignature

Message 5 of 7
mluterman
in reply to: CCarreiras

I just tried all the selection filters, but no improvement; and getting worse for some reason as seen below, thanks. (Maybe I'll roll back my video driver from 4/16; Quadro P4000...just for "fun")... >>>just tried the rollback/didn't  work<<<

mluterman_0-1717178150244.png

Message 6 of 7
CCarreiras

Can you share the file to test?

CCarreiras

EESignature

Message 7 of 7
SBix26

I see the same thing you do if Enable Enhanced Highlighting is turned on; if it's off, then I see just the ordinary edge highlighting (not heavy dashed lines).  As @kacper.suchomski noted, edge highlighting is not helpful with all-round objects such as spheres and tori.  I have not had enhanced highlighting turned on in past versions, but I will keep it on now, I think.

Sam B

Inventor Pro 2025.0.1 | Windows 11 Home 23H2
autodesk-expert-elite-member-logo-1line-rgb-black.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report