Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

chrome appearance

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
1206 Views, 6 Replies

chrome appearance

Hi,

I need to render the .IAM file/.ipt file so that it gives a picture in which all the tanks are solid chrome. How do i have it so that there is a constant chrome color. No reflections. no shadows, no color variations but just a solid chrome apperaance

I tried to use rendering in studio.....picture attached

Regards

Trent

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Daniel248
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi,

I need to render the .IAM file/.ipt file so that it gives a picture in which all the tanks are solid chrome. How do i have it so that there is a constant chrome color. No reflections. no shadows, no color variations but just a solid chrome apperaance

Trent

Hi Trent,

Something like this?

(From Inventor, using Chrome.DDS)

chrome.jpg

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: Daniel248

Hi,

Thank you. It is close except i was hoping to have it a shiny chrome appearance. Is this possible?

Regards

Trent

Message 4 of 7
admaiora

Reflections make materials shiny.

fe.jpg

Admaiora
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous

From what you describe, I'd say Daniel248 nailed it (shiny chrome appearance).  On the other hand, in your initial post, you mention wanting "no shadows, reflection, or color variation"... which to me sounds contrary to "shiny chrome appearance".  You can't make something look shiny without color variation... that would imply a flat, constant gray tone, which may not create the effect you're looking for.

Can you elaborate on what you have in mind, or maybe provide an example?

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous

Yes Daniel was close but it looks like admaiora is more shiny in his picture. How was this affect achieved please. Did you use Chrome DDS like Daniel used but with other options?

Thanks

Trent

Message 7 of 7
admaiora

I have use  IBL enviroments.

ef.jpg

Admaiora
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report