Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing units in Model Based Definition

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
670 Views, 4 Replies

Changing units in Model Based Definition

Can anyone help with a method to change the units of dimensions created in the MBD environment? Currently, model units are set to mm but all dimensions created via MBD are coming up in inches. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
mcgyvr
in reply to: Anonymous

What do you have for tools..document settings..standard tab.. "Active standard" in the annotations section?

Thats what dictates which standard (style) is being used..

That style cannot be accessed in part or assembly files currently but is exposed in the drawing environment I believe..

3dastandard.PNG

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 3 of 5
jhackney1972

You do it under document settings, standard tab.

MBD Units.jpg

"If you find my answer solved your question, please select the Accept Solution icon"

John Hackney
Retired

Beyond the Drafting Board

Message 4 of 5
mcgyvr
in reply to: mcgyvr

@mcgyvr wrote:

That style cannot be accessed in part or assembly files currently but is exposed in the drawing environment I believe..

To clarify that sentence ^^ is about modifying that style if you need to change aspects of that style to suit your needs....

The setting I show in the image is in the part environment and thats where you just pick which style you want to use in the part annotation...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 5 of 5
johnsonshiue

Hi Bryon,

You may want to make the change in the ipt and iam template files so you don't have to do it every time from now on. It sounds like you are importing files from other CAD system or neutral formats. You want to make sure Standard.ipt and Standard.iam template files in the active template folder have the MBD standard selected correctly. The document settings in Standard templates are used as default for import workflows.

Go Blue!

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report