Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing the length of a product in 3d-modell

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
muntadar.daebes
454 Views, 4 Replies

Changing the length of a product in 3d-modell

Hey,

I use Autodesk Inventor professional 2019 so I wonder if there is a way to be able to change the length of a product in 3d-model eg. by mabye pull it, instead of going into the sketch to do it.

For example, I want to change the length of a rod from 100-300 mm in 3d model. How i do that?

Best regards,

Muntadar Daebes 

My email: muntadar.daebes@nfgab.se

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
blandb
in reply to: muntadar.daebes

May I ask why you dont want to do it in the model?

Autodesk Certified Professional
Message 3 of 5
mcgyvr

@muntadar.daebes wrote:

Hey,

I use Autodesk Inventor professional 2019 so I wonder if there is a way to be able to change the length of a product in 3d-model eg. by mabye pull it, instead of going into the sketch to do it.

For example, I want to change the length of a rod from 100-300 mm in 3d model. How i do that?

Best regards,

Muntadar Daebes 

My email: muntadar.daebes@nfgab.se

@muntadar.daebes  See "Direct" button in the modify section of the 3d model tab.. That allows the functionality you want.. 

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/inventor-products/learn-explore/caas/CloudHelp/cloudhelp/2015...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 4 of 5
Cadmanto

@muntadar.daebes  is this an imported part from another software that has no editable features?

Windows 10 x64 -16GB Ram
Intel i7-6700 @ 3.41ghz
nVidia GTS 250 - 1 GB
Inventor Pro 2018

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 5 of 5

Hi! Yes, like experts mentioned here, you can use Direct Edit command to drag the faces to lengthen it. If you are a subscriber, you can download and install Feature Recognition tool from Autodesk Inventor App store (https://apps.autodesk.com/PDSU/en/Detail/Index?id=9172877436288348979&appLang=en&os=Win32_64).

You can convert some geometry into parametrically driven features like Extrude, Revolve, and Sweep. Then you can change the parameters.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report