Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change user parameter custom property format for multiple cc families

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
mat_hijs
345 Views, 6 Replies

Change user parameter custom property format for multiple cc families

I have multiple content center families in which I want to change the custom property format of a user parameter "Lengte" from Text to Number. Is there a way to do this for multiple families without having to open each family, changing it and replacing the family template? Doing it that way would take a lot more time than I would like it to do.

I'm guessing this might be possible with some programming so I also asked the same question on the customization forum.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
SharkDesign
in reply to: mat_hijs

In the column edit can you change the type from string to real? 

Expert Elite
  Inventor Certified Professional
Message 3 of 7
mat_hijs
in reply to: SharkDesign

What column edit do you mean? The way I would go about it right now is to open from content center (as custom), then go to the parameters, change the custom property format like in the screenshot attached, save. Then edit content center, replace family template.

Custom property format.png

Message 4 of 7
SharkDesign

If you are already writing a custom property in CC there will be a column in the family table with the same name. 

Instead of replacing the template, if all you want to do is change it from text to number, you might be able to do this from the family table. 

Find the custom iproperty column. 

Right click title to edit.

Top right of that window it'll probably say string for text. See if you can change that to 'real' this means number. 

Expert Elite
Message 5 of 7
mat_hijs

It says Integer there, and I can't change it because it's greyed out unfortunately. Any other suggestion?

Message 6 of 7
SharkDesign

Ahhh, just realised,I don't think you can do it this way. I think CC will say that the column format doesn't match the custom iproperty. 

Sorry

Expert Elite
Message 7 of 7
mat_hijs

I guess I'll do it the long way then, this seems to work fine. It's just gonna take some time.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report