Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change "View Annotation" line type in styles

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
thenottakenname
872 Views, 5 Replies

Change "View Annotation" line type in styles

Hello all,

I'm working on a drawing template for my company, and I'm just about finished it except for one last issue -- I can't figure out how to change the linetype of the "view annotation" in styles. For whatever reason the section lines are scaled way down, and I can't find a place to change the lines to PhantomX2. Linetypes that I change in the layers all show up properly -- attaching a picture where you can see a hidden line displaying normally, and the very tiny section line next to it.

Any advice is much appreciated!

Linetypes.JPG

Aaron Wilson
---------------------------------------
Inventor Professional 2022
AutoCAD 2020
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
mcgyvr
in reply to: thenottakenname

Usually the section view annotation indicator line type is defined in the "Layers" section of the style/standard library under the "Section Line" Layer name..

You can change the linetype there..

section.PNG

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 3 of 6
thenottakenname
in reply to: mcgyvr

Interestingly enough, I can change that linetype to solid, but the linetype will still remain the same tiny double-dash.

Aaron Wilson
AutoCAD 2020
Message 4 of 6

Adding pictures:

lines2.JPGlines3.JPG

Aaron Wilson
AutoCAD 2020
Message 5 of 6
mcgyvr
in reply to: thenottakenname

My fault.. I forgot.. Its a bug (limitation of the software) and cannot be changed at this time.. Smiley Mad

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/inventor-forum/can-t-change-section-line-style/td-p/7239092

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 6 of 6
thenottakenname
in reply to: mcgyvr

I searched the forums and google, and somehow that post never came up. Thanks kindly for pointing me in that direction, and also, that totally blows. It still hasn't been fixed in 2020? We're upgrading to that soon from 2016.

Aaron Wilson
AutoCAD 2020

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report