Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change .dwg for Dwg Underlay

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Jos_Heruvent
149 Views, 4 Replies

Change .dwg for Dwg Underlay

I want to import a dwg into an Inventor .ipt.
If I modify the dwg by stretching or moving and I update my part everything goes well. The extrude goes well. But if I add or remove something in the Autocad .dwg and update my Inventor .ipt then it goes wrong. The dwg underlay is not updated properly. The things I removed or added are not taken over properly. The changes in the dwg are visible but the new extrude is not taken over properly. The old sketch remains present. I first have to delete it and then run Project DWG Geometry again and select the modified dwg again. Even then I have to run extrude again.
Does anyone have experience with this or is this just not possible, yet.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
blandb
in reply to: Jos_Heruvent

Can you record a video so we can see what you are seeing?

Autodesk Certified Professional
Message 3 of 5
Jos_Heruvent

Message 4 of 5
blandb

I see now, I always just assumed that was the nature of it since the trimming and all. I guess I just thought it would lose the references by default.

Autodesk Certified Professional
Message 5 of 5
johnsonshiue

Hi! Yes, the associativity will work well when the underlying source geometry changes sizes, not deleting. When the source geometry is deleted, Inventor will not know how to redefine the profiles. The user will have to repair the errors.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report