Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CC Components missing in idw drawing in large assembly

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
mdahl74
503 Views, 7 Replies

CC Components missing in idw drawing in large assembly

Having trouble with placing a larger Assembly into a IDW drawing .

When i place the Assembly into the drawing some of the CC parts are missing? , I have 6 stantions in the sub assembly of a hopper and when i look at the IAM every thing is present and correct but as soon as i place it into the IDW i am missing 2 of them ?? if i look thru the browser they are in the tree and visible .

there are other non CC parts missing also like sheetmetal parts etc as well as other.

If i create a drawing with just the hopper assembly it comes out perfect ?

using version 2019

Gaps in rail , top cover missing and tread plate sheetmetal goneGaps in rail , top cover missing and tread plate sheetmetal gone

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Xun.Zhang
in reply to: mdahl74

Hello @mdahl74,

How about create a new level of detail and only leave these two components unsuppressed and than create new drawing view to see if it works or not.

another one is, edit the view, switch the design view to Master.

Please let me know your result then.

Xun
Message 3 of 8
mdahl74
in reply to: Xun.Zhang

Capture assembly in idw2.JPGCapture assembly in idw3.JPG

I have tried different LOD's and also tried different view and changing to master etc , even made the couple of handrails "custom" parts and stored with in project file just to rule out CC issue , as you might be able to see from the pictures even the Motor has only the motor cover , just seems really random

I am able to view the hopper correctly and create drawing of it but once it becomes a sub-assembly of the whole project it is having the issue .

The Building behind which the hopper is located is generated from a 3d scan that has been modeled out and is full of Part files could this cause the issue ? total part around 400 pieces .

Message 4 of 8
mdahl74

no luck solving this one .. the only work around i thought was working was to

1. make the entire assembly a simple part

2. make the drawing from the simple part and make the views

3. then the wheels fell off again when making a pdf for a presentation the colours assigned to the new work were missing !! all mono tones

the only work around after many painful hrs i ended up exporting the idw to a inventor dwg file , then opening the dwg in auto cad  and then finally printing with an output for pdf  

Message 5 of 8
johnsonshiue

Hi! The behavior is certainly wrong. Four possibilities. 1) The CC components are Reference Component and they are not shown in the view based on view setting (edit the view -> Displace Options -> Reference data). 2) The parts have bad bodies. They are not shown correctly. 3) The components have interferences. Check Inspect -> Interference Analysis. Clear out the interference. They can cause design issues. 4) The parts are excluded incorrectly, because Inventor thinks they are behind some components, which is false.

Please share the files here or send them to me (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com). I would like to take a look at it and understand the behavior better.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 6 of 8
mdahl74
in reply to: johnsonshiue

Johnson , I have just sent you an email and will grant you access to the files

Message 7 of 8
johnsonshiue

Hi Michael,

Like I replied in the email, the issue seems to be related to geometry placed in extremely outside of valid model range. Inventor has a fixed valid model range (+-100m in X, Y, and Z) and each piece of geometry should be less than 100m long. For more detail, check the following page.

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/search-result/caas/CloudHelp/cloudhelp/2017/ENU/Inventor-Help/files/G...

Regarding moving the geometry back to origin, here is the procedure.

1) Open the part with out of bound geometry.

2) Create a UCS based on the geometry.

3) Place the part or the assembly to a new assembly.

4) In the new assembly, create an assembly UCS at origin (0, 0, 0).

5) Create Constraint -> Constraint set -> pick the UCS in the part and pick the UCS in the assembly.

Now the geometry should be back to the origin.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 8 of 8
lena.talkhina

Hello @mdahl74  !

Great to see you here on Inventor Forum.

Did you find a solution?
If yes, please click on the "Accept as Solution" button as then also other community users can easily find and benefit from the information.
If not please don't hesitate to give an update here in your topic so all members know what ́s the progression on your question is and what might be helpful to achieve what you ́re looking for. 🙂

Находите сообщения полезными? Поставьте "НРАВИТСЯ" этим сообщениям! | Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
На ваш вопрос успешно ответили? Нажмите кнопку "УТВЕРДИТЬ РЕШЕНИЕ" | Have your question been answered successfully? Click "ACCEPT SOLUTION" button.

Лена Талхина/Lena Talkhina
Менеджер Сообщества - Русский/Community Manager - Russian

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report