Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot Replace Component, when Authored with Tube & Pipe

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
petestrycharske
1290 Views, 3 Replies

Cannot Replace Component, when Authored with Tube & Pipe

All,

Good morning!  I've run across a situation where a user wants to use content center fittings as regular parts, but is having problems replacing them.  He has some metal gaskets that he uses, but only a few different types and doesn't want to have to navigate to the content center to use them, so he's saved them locally on a network drive and then modified them as needed.  However, when he wants to replace the part with another part, he gets an error message saying that a conduit part cannot be replaced.

Component Replace Error Message.png

This seems to be a known issue, as there is this post which shows how this can be remedied.  I can get that to work and it scrubs the authoring data from the part.

My problem is back in the assembly.  Even though the part has been scrubbed of the authored content, the assembly still recognizes the part as a Tube & Pipe component and will NOT allow us to use the standard Component Replace option.  The only way that I've found to get around this is to Delete the component and then place it back in right away.

I'm hoping that someone else has run into this before and has figured out a way to accomplish the replacement without having to delete the original placed component.  Or if there is a better way, any ideas would be most welcome!  Also, if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to reach out to me.  Hope all is well and have a most blessed day!

Peace,

Pete

Just a guy on a couch...

Please give a kudos if helpful and mark as a solution if somehow I got it right.
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

@petestrycharske

Review this 2014 article: https://synergiscadblog.com/2014/04/14/component-replacement-on-a-content-center-part/

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 3 of 4

@Mark.Lancaster you nailed it!  I'm only marking my response as a solution because I made a short video to aid my client (and others), but have given Mark credit in the video because he truly deserves it!  Thanks for the help and have a most blessed day!

Peace,

Pete

Just a guy on a couch...

Please give a kudos if helpful and mark as a solution if somehow I got it right.
Message 4 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: petestrycharske

Thanks! It works! Saved me a ton of time changing the parts as I use to do it. Awesome!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report