Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot delete face and shell model

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
1013 Views, 3 Replies

Cannot delete face and shell model

Hello,

I have only been using fusion for about a day now, and I haven't run into many issues except this major one. I am designing an artwork to be 3D printed. It is a goblet/chalice water bottle. So essentially a goblet shaped water bottle. I haven't gotten to the thread or the cap just yet because I wanted to shell the item I have made. 

I can delete the face on the top to make it hollow, but I can't shell this to a 1.5mm thickness, with or without the face deleted first. It tells me that the topology will change too much, and to choose a different face. I can choose seperate faces and it will do this, but I figure this will take a really long time and there has to be a quicker way. I also have troubles with this because once I thicken one face, the rest of the body doesn't show up, and I don't know how to get that back. Basically, I just want it to look like a water bottle, which is hollow.

So far I have made a sketch with line drawings, revolved it, filleted the edges, and sweeped out the cuts on the sides of the cup area.

https://a360.co/2MdAR2b

I do have an old computer and I think my graphics is out of date, but I am using the latest software download on Windows

Thank you for help in advance 🙂

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
TheCADWhisperer
in reply to: Anonymous

The software you are using is Fusion 360.

The Fusion 360 forum is >>over here<<.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: TheCADWhisperer

Thank you, how embarrassing 🙂 

Message 4 of 4
WHolzwarth
in reply to: Anonymous

I've tried the file in F360, but I didn't succeed, perhaps because of not enough skills.

General problems:

- Shelling of the "foot" makes no sense, therefore the part was split into 3 bodies

- Shelling of an 1.5 mm outside fillet to 1.5 mm sometimes fails. Shelling is better before these tiny fillets

- Only 30 deg section was shelled and then patterned. Less work

2018 IPT and STEP in Zip attached. Still hoping for uploads coming back without zipping needs Smiley Frustrated

Later: After looking at a half section and 3D printing in the end, shelling the foot should be done as another featurep, too.

That's no big deal.

Walter Holzwarth

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report