Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot Create Chamfer or Fillet error Help!

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
4721 Views, 6 Replies

Cannot Create Chamfer or Fillet error Help!

Hi All,

I am trying to get the edge of a gear to either chamfer or fillet and I get this error. Has anyone had this issue? Help.

Create chamfer feature failed
Hub Cap.ipt: Errors occurred during update
Chamfer3: Could not build this Chamfer
The attempted operation encountered a non-manifold body due to multiple model edges at an intersection. Retry operation with different inputs.

Gear.PNG

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
johnsonshiue
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi! It looks like the sliver face between the gear base and the cylinder is causing the failure. I have to see the part to say it for sure. Could you attach it here or send it to me directly (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)?

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 3 of 7
Cadmanto

What size chamfer or fillet are you trying to place?  When I can't get the one I want, I make it small and work my way up until I get to the maximum size I can.  I am guessing what ever size you are putting in is too large and it cannot create it.  Are you getting any preview?  If not, try what I suggested.

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

New EE Logo.PNG

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: johnsonshiue

I have a feeling that the problem might be in the sketch. I am in the process of trying to redraw the sketch. If the problem is still there I will post it for you to look at. Thanks for responding so fast.

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: johnsonshiue

I was right guys. It was in the sketch. I rebuilt using the array command rather than mirroring the teeth. I believe when I was using the mirror command it wasn't allowing the lines to close and therefore when i was trying to fillet or chamfer there were too many edges. At least that's my best guess!

Message 6 of 7
TheCADWhisperer

@Anonymous wrote:

..... At least that's my best guess!

Attach your file here and end all doubt.

Message 7 of 7
Cadmanto

Good Deal.  Glad you were able to figure it out.

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

New EE Logo.PNG

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report