Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you search C:\Drive Files not checked into Vault yet.

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
TRACY_POOJARYN5K4D
55 Views, 3 Replies

Can you search C:\Drive Files not checked into Vault yet.

Hi, we use the generated numbering system from Vault to number our part models/assemblies etc and these will be saved to our c:\vaultwork folders on individual pc's of the user who created that file.  Is there a way to search either vault OR on their c:\drive to see which of these models are not checked into vault without having to open each one individually? I guess you could search the sequential numbers in vault and see which ones are missing, but that won't tell you who created it and where it is now.  Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

@TRACY_POOJARYN5K4D 

Welcome to the forum!  One way I have found is to go to your Home screen in Inventor, select your project file on the left (has to be a Vault project).  Then make sure the files are in List View, not Grid.  Next go to the settings gear on the right and make sure that Status column is turned on.  Then, select the Filter and set the filter for Vault Status to "File is not saved in Vault".  This will show you all files in your Project workspace which have not been checked into Vault.

If there are files in other Vault projects, you can just repeat the process for each of them.  If, however, you have files that are outside of a Vault project workspace, this will not work.  I assume you would need to check those individually.

Chris Benner
Industry Community Manager – Design & Manufacturing

If a response answers your question, please use  ACCEPT SOLUTION  to assist other users later.

Also be generous with Likes!  Thank you and enjoy!

Become an Autodesk Fusion Insider
Inventor/Beta Feedback Project
Message 3 of 4

Thanks Chris, I gave that a go and it worked. Thou only showing two files, so looks like I do check most things back in. This is for one of our users having issues with Inventor and is getting a reinstall. He wants to delete all this c:\vaultwork folder but wanted to first check that all the files had been checked into vault. Thanks for your help.
Message 4 of 4

@TRACY_POOJARYN5K4D 

Happy to help!

Chris Benner
Industry Community Manager – Design & Manufacturing

If a response answers your question, please use  ACCEPT SOLUTION  to assist other users later.

Also be generous with Likes!  Thank you and enjoy!

Become an Autodesk Fusion Insider
Inventor/Beta Feedback Project

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report