Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't see drawings or parts, assemblies any more

11 REPLIES 11
SOLVED
Message 1 of 12
Anonymous
1020 Views, 11 Replies

Can't see drawings or parts, assemblies any more

Foolishly went in to the office at 0445 to get a desktop for use with chrome remote.    Unable to connect.   Any other computer works - so i'm back to the macbook pro.

While I was at it I grabbed a benq monitor from the computer that I remote into.   NBD.   I can get to windows, etc.. no problem.  Using it with the macbook.

Inventor, I get this:

nothing.jpg

SO I think the work around will be to take this monitor back to the office and throw it on my desk and plug it back in, then turn around and go back home to work on the monitor I had working before.

This isn't my macbook pro or I wouldn't have tried to do anything at all.

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
mcgyvr
in reply to: Anonymous

Go to tools...application options.. hardware tab and check "use software graphics".. THEN RESTART INVENTOR..

Does it work after that?

If so you have a problem with your graphics card driver. I'd recommend updating it to the latest version from the card manufacturers site and then unchecking that "use software graphics" and THEN RESTART INVENTOR again to see if that makes your models show. 

Also could be an issue with the graphics window being set to another monitor and not the one you are on.. You should be able to correct that by editing your display settings to move everything to that monitor.. 

You should be able to toggle monitors somehow .. (Not sure how thats accomplished on a macbook as you lack the Windows key I believe..

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
in reply to: mcgyvr

I should have said, tried that already of course. Nothing!

Updating drivers

thanks!
Message 4 of 12
Anonymous

yes, this is what is in the inventor window.yes, this is what is in the inventor window.

Message 5 of 12
mcgyvr

You said "so I'm back to the macbook"... Is that to mean that you were using the macbook just fine before but now the only change is that you are using an external monitor with it? That's confusing to me if true.. 

A black display area like that IMO screams graphics driver issue.. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 6 of 12
johnsonshiue

Hi James,

The document window is probably in a weird state. Try this. Drag the doc tab at the bottom out of Inventor window. Do you see it now?

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
in reply to: johnsonshiue

I had tried that as well, no result, just a frustrating grey window with "AUTODESK INVENTOR PROFESSIONAL" in the lower left.

AND my IT guy generously reinstalled inventor on this machine!  

I think it's over for it - probably needs to go right down to bones, fresh win10 install.  😐

Message 8 of 12
johnsonshiue

Hi James,

No, you don't need to reinstall. Try this. Use Inventor Reset Utility. Go to All Programs -> Autodesk -> Inventor 2020 -> Tools. It will reset all settings back to install default. But, your UI customization or any change in App Options will be reset to install default.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 9 of 12
eighty6gt
in reply to: johnsonshiue

I had already reinstalled by the time I saw your message!

It's no problem, I don't think it's ever going to work, I will blow windows away and go from there when I get back to work.. whenever.  I'm now using an entirely different computer.

Message 10 of 12
lena.talkhina
in reply to: eighty6gt

Hello @Anonymous !

Did I get you right, that reinstall the Inventor helped you to solve a problem?

If so, don't hesitate to mark your own post (the last one) as an accepted solution.

Reinstall not a perfect solution but if it helps, other users need to know the option.

Thank you!

Находите сообщения полезными? Поставьте "НРАВИТСЯ" этим сообщениям! | Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
На ваш вопрос успешно ответили? Нажмите кнопку "УТВЕРДИТЬ РЕШЕНИЕ" | Have your question been answered successfully? Click "ACCEPT SOLUTION" button.

Лена Талхина/Lena Talkhina
Менеджер Сообщества - Русский/Community Manager - Russian

Message 11 of 12
Anonymous
in reply to: lena.talkhina

reinstalled operating system and all software, is working
Message 12 of 12
lena.talkhina

@Anonymous Thank you for coming back to the thread and mark a solution. I am appreciate your contribution in Autodesk Community!

Находите сообщения полезными? Поставьте "НРАВИТСЯ" этим сообщениям! | Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
На ваш вопрос успешно ответили? Нажмите кнопку "УТВЕРДИТЬ РЕШЕНИЕ" | Have your question been answered successfully? Click "ACCEPT SOLUTION" button.

Лена Талхина/Lena Talkhina
Менеджер Сообщества - Русский/Community Manager - Russian

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report