Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't download

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
lukegaglio
439 Views, 5 Replies

Can't download

So, trying to download inventer for both school and personal projects, have downloaded it 4 years ago in freshman year, but lost it, so I'm trying again. When I get to the download button, it has me download and install AutoDesk's "Autodesk Download Manager". Okay done, downloaded it, allowed it through the window's firewall when the prompt came up, it installed the downloader application, then nothing. I checked the website and it has the dialog box up, scanning for the download tool to pop up. So I went through the start menu and launched the downloader manually (assuming it was supposed to pop up on it's own after it installed) and still nothing. Can anyone help me? I'd love to start making my model for an ice chest stereo, but can't quite do that without the application. Just some background, I'm running a Dell Insperion, Windows Vista, Originally 32 bit, but used the factory disk to switch it to the 64 bit OS. (I'm scared that's my issue as the laptop was still on the 32-bit OS when I installed and sucessfully ran it back in freshman year). Here's a pick of my "What do???" Scenario:WHAT DO.jpg

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
mdavis22569
in reply to: lukegaglio

Welcome to the forum:

ok ..you'll need to do  a lot more to get this resolved

Windows Vista, Originally 32 bit, but used the factory disk to switch it to the 64 bit OS. (I'm scared that's my issue as the laptop was still on the 32-bit OS when I installed and sucessfully ran it back in freshman year). Here's a pick of my "What do???" Scenario:

Vista ..and 32 with the switch ...

2014 and up won't work for you

This is 14 and you don't have the min for this ... 

• Windows® 7 (32-bit minimum, 64-bit recommended) or Windows® 8 64-bit[1] operating system
  • Intel® Pentium® 4, AMD Athlon™ 64 with SSE2 technology, 3 GHz or greater, or AMD dual-core processor with SSE2, 2 GHz or greater recommended, or Intel® Xeon® E3 or Core i7 or equivalent with SSE2, 3.0 GHz or greater

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/inventor-products/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcartic...

you can try the installation and lic' forum ..but I'm betting you'll get the same comments

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/installation-licensing/bd-p/24

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

---------
Mike Davis

EESignature

Message 3 of 6
lukegaglio
in reply to: mdavis22569

Well that's a bummer lol, I Didn't even bother to check the mins because I had done it before, my mistake. Thanks for the help!
Message 4 of 6
lukegaglio
in reply to: mdavis22569

So I went back and looked at the program, the download is for the 2013 edition, am I still not meeting the mins for the 2013? That was the second half of my Freshman year, so that may very well be the version I've already downloaded and ran before.2013 though.jpg

Message 5 of 6
mdavis22569

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/inventor-products/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcartic...

• Recommended: Microsoft® Windows® 7 (32-bit or 64-bit) Home Premium, Professional, Ultimate or Enterprise edition
  • Supported: Microsoft® Windows XP® Professional (SP3) or Professional x64 Edition (SP2) (1, 2)

No Vista listed ...

2012 ..with a Hotfix was possible 

NOTE: Microsoft Vista Hotfix KB971138 is required for installation on Vista operating systems. Please refer to Microsoft hotfix 971138 required for Inventor to function fully with Vista Operating Systems for complete information and access to Microsoft Vista Hotfix KB971138

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

---------
Mike Davis

EESignature

Message 6 of 6
JDMather

1. Student license is for 3 yrs - so the 2013 has expired.

2. Verify that you are in fact running 46-bit OS.

3. Do not use the Download Manager,  use Browser Download (best bet - use the Autodesk Virtual Agent to download).

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report