Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't download Inventor 2017

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
1619 Views, 7 Replies

Can't download Inventor 2017

Hi guys,

This is my first post and sorry if my question has already been asked (I'm sure it was). As a student, I have a license for Inventor 2017, but when I click on the download button, nothing happens. The download does not start.

- No, I don't have a antivirus program

- No i don't have a firewall

My best regards to all

Rafik

Tags (1)
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
lynn_zhang
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous Welcome to Autodesk Community!

Are you trying to download from Education Community? Did you sign in your student account? Clearing the cookie and cache in your browser might help or try the download in a different browser. Let us know if it works.

Lynn Zhang
Community Manager

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: lynn_zhang

Do have the same problem for downloading inventor 2017 myself.

Have deleted all cookies, and tried both with google chrome and internet explorer without any success.
When i copy the link for the download button it says: javascript:void(0);, but i do recieve a new mail for licence details every time i click install now at the page.

The problem may be something with the javascript version running on the local computer or an linkage miss at the page.

Did also try to dowload the file instead of push install, and tried to download from browser, this solution said: Error: "Product download consist of multiple files. At least one file is missing or has not been downloaded yet" when i tried to run the installer.

Did you manage to download it?

Please tell how 🙂

Message 4 of 8
mcgyvr

@Anonymous

@Anonymous

Try to download the files from the direct link here..

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/installation-licensing/community-downloads/td-p/6314550

make sure you download all 3 parts and they have all finished downloading before you attempt to install..

Then just double click on 001_003 (<- part 1) and it should start extracting and installing..

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 5 of 8
mdavis22569

use the browser ...

browser.JPG

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

---------
Mike Davis

EESignature

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: mcgyvr

Thanks for the reply, but im having problems since this is not an "exe" file, im just getting question for which program to run the file on. the extention for the filetype is sfx.1464028938

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous

Managed it!
Solution: download the three files from the link that @mcgyvr shared.

change: sfx.1464028938 to sfx.exe for all three files.

run the first file.

Message 8 of 8
mcgyvr

@Anonymous wrote:

Managed it!
@Anonymous: download the three files from the link that @mcgyvr shared.

change: sfx.1464028938 to sfx.exe for all three files.

run the first file.

@Anonymous

Either your browser is renaming the files or you accidentally did it or they werent finished downloading..

They work fine here and I don't have to rename them..

Glad you got it sorted out though.. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report