Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't add a third constraint in an Assembly

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
KHoch
174 Views, 4 Replies

Can't add a third constraint in an Assembly

Help..

I'm trying to add a third constraint on an assembly and I keep getting an error.  I am designing a Dutch Slide Table and the 2 supports are to be constrained flush with the bottom of the extension table, 2" offset from the long edge, and either 5" or 6" offset from the extension side.  If I add either of the two constraints (flush, mate -or- flush, flush) everything is fine. When I go to add the third constraint I keep getting an error message saying that something is conflicting. I've tried using the diagnosing tools to no avail. 

I also re-drew the parts and put them into a different folder and started a new assembly drawing, same issue.  

I've been using Inventor for over 20 years and this is the first time I've come across this issue. Am I missing something? Bug for Inventor 2023?

Thanks,

Keith

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
CCarreiras
in reply to: KHoch

Hi!

The issue is the constraints you're using are incompatible since the faces you're choosing are not 90º.

You have to select other geometries to create the constraints you need without creating a conflict between constraints.

CCarreiras_0-1717511136405.png

CCarreiras

EESignature

Message 3 of 5
CCarreiras

Edit your sick constrains like this:

GF134.gif

CCarreiras

EESignature

Message 4 of 5
KHoch

My face wasn't at 90-degrees on the one end which wouldn't allow for the flush constraint from face to face, and mate to the top.  I did flush as you've shown, but I also corrected the angle from 89.87 to 90 degrees...lol

Thank you!

Message 5 of 5
KHoch
in reply to: CCarreiras

I found the 89.7 as well...after the fact. Thank you!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report