Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can someone explain why one hole sketch errors while the other doesnt?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
richard_griffin
95 Views, 3 Replies

Can someone explain why one hole sketch errors while the other doesnt?

The usual Model States tomfoolery, when changing the model state, one sketch has an issue for missing geometry while the other doesnt, does anyone have an idea why? I get its soft dependencies however it seems rather inconsistent considering the second hole is made up entirely of suppressed dependencies.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
admaiora
in reply to: richard_griffin

The edge you projected isn't present anymore in the new model state.

Try to dimension from consistent references

Admaiora
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

Message 3 of 4

The hole isn't either. The second holes sketch doesnt error when the edges arent there anymore either.

Message 4 of 4

Hi Richard,

Matteo is right. This is indeed related to persistent geometry. The vertical dimension in Sketch3 reference the bend edge may or may not exist depending on the Model State. The similar situation exists in Sketch5 but it does not fail. I think it is probably pure luck. For whatever reason, the edge id may persist. But it may fail in other cases.

I suggest you create workplanes at the top and the bottom of the Face1. Project the workplane to the sketch respectively. Use the projection as the reference.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report