Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can iFeatures (Punch tools) be used/defined trough forms?

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
351 Views, 5 Replies

Can iFeatures (Punch tools) be used/defined trough forms?

I want to make a sheet metal part. And I would like to use the forms as it is easy and can be made intuitive for everyone to use. But I would like to use punch tools as well. I it possible to use the punch tools in association with Inventor forms?

I am trying to make a rotor/stator lamination sheet. I know how to create a form for the basic shape of the laminations and I can create and define all the parameters for the cut part (punched hole), but there are multiple tools that are used and I would need multiple files (one .ipt for every tool) which is a lot.

Tags (2)
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
S_May
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous ,

please show us a pattern, then we will add an ifetaure!

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: S_May

Hello this is what I am trying to achieve more or less (see attachment). I do not have a model of yet.

Message 4 of 6
johnsonshiue
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi! This should be doable, based on the image you attached. Essentially, you want some sort of etching (cut) using iFeature or Punch. You can just insert one and then pattern around the circle.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: johnsonshiue

Hi. Yes this seams to be the only way... but I am going to try some thing. May be I can get it to work the way i want...
After I am finisher I will report what I have done 🙂

Message 6 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: S_May

Hi. I have achieved what I wanted with iFeatures (punch tools). But now I have another question.

Is it possible to trigger a Feature (just open the dialog window) using an event trigger?

I want to automate what I am making as much as possible. So I would like to do the following:

When an iFeature (in this case a punch tool) is added/placed on a part, a circular pattern is activated. I do not want it to be fully defined just the dialog window to open. Basically run a feature trough an event trigger.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report