Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CAD FORMAT OUT INVENTOR 2025

11 REPLIES 11
SOLVED
Message 1 of 12
AnthonyHarris90842
523 Views, 11 Replies

CAD FORMAT OUT INVENTOR 2025

I Have a part and I would like to create a step file from it.
In previous versions I would click cad format and it jump to where my project folder is and give the step file the same name as the part.
Now it jumps to any folder and there is no name in front of the extension.
See image below

INVENTOR.jpg

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12

Hi Anthony, I'm not seeing this behaviour, in Inventor 2025.0.1, clicking file>export>CAD format>step will name it after the current file and open the dialogue in the same folder as the Inventor model I'm trying to export. 

Are you on 2025.0.1 also?

James W
Inventor UX Designer
Message 3 of 12

Hi Anthony,

Could it be related to the File Explorer -> View option?

Extension.png

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 4 of 12

HI Johnson

No that option in my explorer is not ticked.
Message 5 of 12

I also have this strange behaviour with 2025.1. Sometime the name is right, but the folder where the file is to be saved is not the one I have the part in, but some upper folder, nor the folder I previously exported to (i.e. Desktop).

Also I would like the export function to remember the filetype I export to (I only use step) between sessions. Now it always defaults to Catia, I remember some years ago it was like that.

Message 6 of 12
Ivan_Sinicyn
in reply to: johnsonshiue

I've been wanting to write this for a week now, but the Save as function started working incorrectly in 2025.1

Let's take for example a drawing file and save it via Save As>Save Copy As>>PDF. The first save will work as planned, but the second save will lose the export path and the name of the exported file will contain part of this path.

Inventor 2025.1
Message 7 of 12

Yes Ivan exactly that
Message 8 of 12

Thanks for reporting, this is known issue, INVGEN-79673,   and team is working for it. 

Joyce-Jinghua Zhou

Inventor QA Engineer
Message 9 of 12

2025.1.1 update solves this issue

Message 10 of 12
CGBenner
in reply to: marco_celm

@marco_celm Thanks for sharing this information!

@AnthonyHarris90842 Can you let us know, once you have a chance to update to this version, if it fixes this for you as well?  Thanks!

Chris Benner
Industry Community Manager – Design & Manufacturing

If a response answers your question, please use  ACCEPT SOLUTION  to assist other users later.

Also be generous with Likes!  Thank you and enjoy!

Become an Autodesk Fusion Insider
Inventor/Beta Feedback Project
Message 11 of 12

Will do
Message 12 of 12

Ok its working correctly

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report