Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cable & Harness

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
396 Views, 7 Replies

Cable & Harness

How can change de reference in case of special assembly components like Cable & Harness assembly part component?

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Mark.Lancaster
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous

Welcome to the community...

Can you specify what you mean by "changing the reference"  This statement can be interpreted different ways.  Although Cable and Harness hasn't changed much over the years but you should also indicate what version of Inventor you're using.  I will also tag @mcgyvr and see if he knows what you're referring to.

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 3 of 8
CCarreiras

Olá.

You mean, how iLogic will reference the Tube and pipe assembly type?

Maybe you will get more results about this in the "Inventor Customization" Forum.

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/inventor-customization/bd-p/120

CCarreiras

EESignature

Message 4 of 8
mcgyvr
in reply to: Mark.Lancaster

@Mark.Lancaster wrote:

I will also tag @mcgyvr and see if he knows what you're referring to.

Not sure what they are talking about specifically..

Nor where Carlos pulled ilogic/tube&pipe from.. Smiley Tongue

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: Mark.Lancaster

Hello!

When I say "changing the reference" , I mean give the assembly a new name inside another assembly.

The Inventor version is 2017.

Message 6 of 8
mcgyvr

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello!

When I say "changing the reference" , I mean give the assembly a new name inside another assembly.

The Inventor version is 2017.

So you mean you have a harness thats completed in one assembly and now you want to use that same harness in another assembly.. 

Is the routing/placement of the connectors/wires EXACTLY the same or somewhat different?

See if this helps..

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/inventor-products/learn-explore/caas/CloudHelp/cloudhelp/2017/ENU/Inventor-Help/files/GUID-C7935234-5A21-4914-8540-362E66DFCD80-htm.html

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: mcgyvr

It’s a little different…  I have on assembly with harness , and I want rename the assembly and  all files  in this assembly,  include Cable and  harness assembly´s part component (With programming) 

I tried with ReplaceReference but don´t work for Cable and  Harness assembly´s part component…

Message 8 of 8
CCarreiras

Hi!

That's because you do not have the same possibilities (with programming) with tube and pipe or harness assemblies as you have in standard assemblies.
This is a known "issue" about using programming whitin those modules.

CCarreiras

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report