Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bug Report: Component Replace part with assembly does not act like rename in iAssembly Factory Table

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Hunteil
292 Views, 5 Replies

Bug Report: Component Replace part with assembly does not act like rename in iAssembly Factory Table

Issue:

If you have an iAssembly Factory and you use rename on the part name in the model browser, the table will update update the column. (If it was being used in the table.) This works great. This also works for assemblies too. The Issue is if you use component replace on a part and you replace with a assembly, it won't keep the name and won't update the table column. The Same goes vice Versa with assembly to part. Please see the video, I went over the issues more thoroughly there and even wrote it again in the description of the video bug report.

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/community/screencast/71404dbd-b34c-4dac-9c24-f4acaa4f4e73

(I'd insert the video but I keep giving a correct the link error)

(I'd insert screencast but my personal account and company account are separate and screencast won't let me sign in with my personal account b/c I'd lose my license b/c the license is on my company account and screencast URL method keeps giving me a correct the link error lol.)

Update: If you rename a weld while it exists in the table, it will not update the name in the column too.

Model States is not a replacement for iParts / iAssemblies. It does not have all the same features yet and does not communicate well with our large currently in use libraries. 😞 https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/inventor-ideas/model-state-support-tabulated-parts-list/idc-p/11360616

Labels (2)
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
mdavis22569
in reply to: Hunteil

2nd time I've heard this .. in the last week.

I would do this:

https://www.autodesk.com/company/contact-us/product-feedback

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

---------
Mike Davis

EESignature

Message 3 of 6
mdavis22569

unless you're on the beta and can report it

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

---------
Mike Davis

EESignature

Message 4 of 6
Hunteil
in reply to: mdavis22569

@mdavis22569 wrote:

2nd time I've heard this .. in the last week.

I'd assume b/c companies are finally updating to 2022. (b/c most companies update to a year version just behind to reduce bugs/complications.) So they are just noticing it. B/c if I'm not mistaken, this update of part name in the table is relatively new. (I seem to recall a request for these features.)

btw I reported it on the Feedback link you provided.

Model States is not a replacement for iParts / iAssemblies. It does not have all the same features yet and does not communicate well with our large currently in use libraries. 😞 https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/inventor-ideas/model-state-support-tabulated-parts-list/idc-p/11360616

Message 5 of 6
mdavis22569

no more are actually going to 2023 .. 

You have all of the updates installed? 

---------
Mike Davis

EESignature

Message 6 of 6
johnsonshiue

Hi! As I replied to you on the Feedback email, this behavior does look like a bug to me. Actually, it never worked back in 2021 and earlier. The change in instance name does not get captured by the table. What you are seeing on 2022 is actually an enhancement. I need to follow up with the project team to see how we can address the issue.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report