Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Bug]Crash when cancelling placing a view

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
mrc4nl
123 Views, 5 Replies

[Bug]Crash when cancelling placing a view

Hello, I am experiencing a bug in inventor.  It happens when I place a new 3d view,  but before hit the "ok" button, I Press the esc key on my keyboard two times. The first time the dialog goes away. The second time inventor crashes.

I am using inventor 2024.3

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
johnsonshiue
in reply to: mrc4nl

Hi! Did you send in the crash report? If yes, please send me an email johnson.shiue@autodesk.com. I would like to understand the crash better. In the meantime, please make sure all critical Windows updates are installed and the graphics driver is updated. Install the latest Inventor update.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 3 of 6
mrc4nl
in reply to: johnsonshiue

Yes I've send multiple crash reports, Currently running 2024.3 which is the newest update from inventor?

windows is up to date, only the graphics driver is somewhat older.

Crash report 773036870 is from today, same file,same issue. I need to press the esc key for about two seconds.

Crash report 773040222 is similar, only i used a different part to make a drawing of.

I did some more testing, somehow, its related to the project file used. I thought at first it may have been an older template file/drawing file but both project files link to the same template folder. The only main difference that's left is Vault vs no Vault.  The not vaulted project is giving crashes.

Message 4 of 6
pdxmcad

The crash report indicates it is a Vault crash which is believed to be fixed in the Vault 2024.2.1 update.   Could you verify for us your current Vault version?

Mike Dickason
Inventor Development
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 5 of 6
johnsonshiue

Hi! Many thanks for sharing the report IDs! I am able to locate the reports. It seems to be associated with a few known bugs INVGEN-69107, PDM-39713, and PDM-41937. The crash has been fixed on the latest Vault 2024 update. Please install Vault 2024.3.1 update and report back the findings.

Thanks again!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 6 of 6
mrc4nl
in reply to: johnsonshiue

Ill admit I was sceptical, but the vault 18 june update seems to have helped.

Thanks.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report