Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broken Line Fragments occur after exporting Inventor Flat Pattern to AutoCAD DXF

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
620 Views, 4 Replies

Broken Line Fragments occur after exporting Inventor Flat Pattern to AutoCAD DXF

This seems to be completely random, but sometimes after exporting an Inventor Flat Pattern to an autoCAD DXF file, some solid continuous lines become fragmented or broken into a bunch of smaller lines. This is most common on a bend relief radius for sheet metal parts. The arc goes from one solid curve to a bunch of little curved fragmented lines. This poses a problem for our CNC laser cutter, due to the fact that it wants to cut continuously along a line instead of along short fragmented lines with spaces in between. Is there a way to set Inventor or autoCAD dxf settings to prevent this from occuring?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
johnsonshiue
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi! If possible, please share an example here. If I recall the issue correctly, you can use a configuration file to correct the problem. Without an example, I cannot say it for sure.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 3 of 5
kelly.young

Hello @Anonymous are you selecting the face and then Export Face As...?

When the dialog box comes up try selecting Options... and changing File Version to R12, I have had better luck with it talking to plasma and water jet cutters in the past. 

ExportFaceAsOptions.png

Please select the Accept as Solution button if a post solves your issue or answers your question.

Message 4 of 5
iLimbani

let me know if anyone has fixed this issue.

Message 5 of 5
johnsonshiue
in reply to: iLimbani

Hi! I am not sure if this is applicable to your case. On Inventor 2023, Save Copy as DXF in Flat Pattern contains a new option called "Arc Approximation." It will replace spline geometry to closest arcs instead of polylines.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report