Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodeskโ€™s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Breakout view on an isometric view

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
DorsetCADgirl
361 Views, 4 Replies

Breakout view on an isometric view

Hi!

I have inherited a model which is basically 1 part (all extrusions and cuts ๐Ÿ™„) (it's shocking!)

Anyway I want to create a breakout view on the isometric view to just show the gusset inside - it seems that all the options available to me in the command won't do what I want....

In an ideal world all I want to do is remove a portion of the side panel to reveal the detail behind.

Any hope gratefully received

Cheers!

PS if it can't be done - maybe it should be considered - I can't be the only person who has needed to do this!

DorsetCADgirl_0-1709129303902.png

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Hi

You can create a new view (half view - half section) that contains what you want to show and derive an isometric view from it.
Views can be freely positioned on or off the sheet to avoid printing unnecessary information.

Kacper Suchomski

EESignature

YouTube - Inventor tutorials | WWW | LinkedIn | Instagram

Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

Message 3 of 5

Hi! I could be wrong but I think this is doable. Go to the drawing browser and find the Iso view -> expand the assembly node and right-click on the components you don't want to cut -> Section Participation -> None. Then edit the Break Out view -> uncheck "Section All Components."

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 4 of 5
SBix26
in reply to: DorsetCADgirl

Since the model is a single part, there is no ability to turn sectioning on/off for individual components.  The best I can think of is to actually create a cut feature in the model to expose the gusset in question.  Then create a model state with that cut feature suppressed, which will be used for all drawing views except the "breakout" view.  Use the primary model state for your breakout view, then add hatching as needed.

This is a pretty tedious workaround for your predecessor's poor modeling decision, but it should work.  If you can post the file and some indication of what you're hoping to accomplish, I'll take a stab at it.

Sam B

Inventor Pro 2024.2 | Windows 11 Home 22H2
autodesk-expert-elite-member-logo-1line-rgb-black.png

Message 5 of 5
DorsetCADgirl
in reply to: SBix26

@johnsonshiue @SBix26 @kacper.suchomski 

Thanks all, I can do a workaround - I  really just wanted to confirm that is wasn't doable - other than by fudging it.

Cathy ๐Ÿ˜Š

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report