Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOM Style to Work with Member Selection

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
343 Views, 2 Replies

BOM Style to Work with Member Selection

So the member selection for iAssemblies bill of materials is pretty neat in drawings.  You can make one bill with all the members.  The issue is that without member name, member part number, or member description in the BOM header, it would not be practical because you cannot identify the member.  I have been looking in the style editor under the BOM section but cannot figure out a way to add this information.  I can modify columns and add properties of the components but I cannot figure out a way to pull properties of the iassembly file into the header.  I am running 2016 Professional. 

Is there a way to add member information into the bom header without VBA customization?    

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
mcgyvr
in reply to: Anonymous

Looks like you just need to expand the columns of your parts list.. it seems to be cutting off and not wrapping thus only showing QTY and not "QTY CPKA,etc..."

No need for vba,etc... it should work out of the box..

If expanding is not working please pack and go your assembly/drawing and post it here so we can see whats going on

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: mcgyvr

Face Palm...

Thank you.

Yep that would do it; the member name shows up.  I still sort of wish I can customize the header a little bit more because I may way want to mention multiple custom parameters as well.  However, at the end of the day I control member name so I have access to call it out the way I wish.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report