Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bom query

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Yashasvi23481
103 Views, 1 Reply

Bom query

Hi All,

This is Yash here working on Inv 2024. I have created a parts only BOM for sub assembly of big tank and for sake of drawings, they use structured assembly on main BOM. My issue is despite locking the part numbers (as seen in screenshot for sub assembly 3 n 4), when they appear on BOM there are back to where it was. Can you tell me why its happening and why i have to re do the BOM on top level when i have locked value on sub assembly level ? 

See the screenshots below. 

Also, how do you separate the red and blue line item 12 with varies as description ? What it is, that part is in multiple sub assemblies. What i want to achieve is start from 3 to 17 and retrieve same numbers as given in 3 and 4 sub assemblies. I want to then bring in just 3-1, 3-2 and like wise till 17.1 on the BOM and hiding the sub assembly numbers..just parts as per sub assembly parts list. 

How do i do it ? whats work around that red n blue lines ?

Let me know. 

Regards and Thanks in Advance. 

Yash

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
swalton
in reply to: Yashasvi23481

I find it easiest to treat Item Numbers as unique in every drawing or assembly file and not expect them to link to any other document.

The Item Number in a BOM (Assembly) or Parts List (Drawing) are independent and only valid for the source document.  The Part Number is an iProperty and true for every instance of a component in a drawing or assembly model.

Steve Walton
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Inventor 2023
Vault Professional 2023

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report