Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOM part and assembly

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
aorozco3G69E
201 Views, 4 Replies

BOM part and assembly

Hi everyone, I would like to know if there is a way to display a list of materials, metals like steel. stainless steel, aluminum) to show me the parts and assemblies so that I can export it and be able to track it. Currently I make the bill of materials but only of individual parts and I don't get the assemblies that make up those parts. There are cases where an assembly has several subassemblies inside.

Labels (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Make sure to use structured and all levels.

Then you can open the subassemblies in the BOM like so

YannickEnrico_0-1716870910473.png

YannickEnrico_1-1716870954638.png

_______________________________________________________________________________________
Intel Core i9-14900KF
64 GB DDR5 6000 MHz
2TB WD_BLACK
RTX A4000
------------------------------
Inventor 2024 Professional
Message 3 of 5
James_Willo
in reply to: aorozco3G69E

Also make sure you click 'choose columns' and drag material into your column heading area

James_Willo_0-1716875938744.png

James W
Inventor UX Designer
Message 4 of 5
aorozco3G69E
in reply to: James_Willo

Hello, I'm going to try to explain myself better, I need to export a list of materials and their assemblies, which are only made of the same material. We design furniture for stores that have different types of materials and we filter it with level details for each material. Currently I can only export the list of metal parts to an Excel but I cannot get only the assemblies to be shown in the BOM so that I can export them to an Excel and have assemblies and parts and be able to track them.

In BOM, how can I show in the Model Data tab only the level details that I want in my house, only the metal ones. The following image shows that I don't get that everything is worse, I don't know how to filter it by level details.

Screenshot 2024-05-28 103004.png

Screenshot 2024-05-28 103020.png

   

Tags (1)
Message 5 of 5
3DAli
in reply to: aorozco3G69E

@aorozco3G69E 

you need to use Model state to capture the level of detail you need and then each model state has its own BOM.

you create a Model state and in that state, you suppress all the other material except for ex. Steel and another one for Aluminum, then when you activate that state and go to BOM you only see that specific material

Hope this helps

Best

Ali

Signature_Small

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report