Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOM creative accounting

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
218 Views, 3 Replies

BOM creative accounting

Hi,
I would like to see your opinions on Inventor 2009 possibility to create material list with larger quantities of parts than actually in the assembly. In accounting it is called ‘creative accounting’. Many financial institutions use it to show more in their accounts than actually they have and later as a result we have what we have.
I am talking not manual manipulation (manual entry) in Parts List but you can have different parts quantities in parts list depending on how assemblies and subassembly are structured or by manipulating parts property (purchased – normal) or BOM structure (Parts only, inseparable, structured).
I am sure all of you are awere of it - if not i will provide examples.
Cheers
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Can not believe that all of You are happy with what is in Inventor – regarding BOM structure.
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

I am unsure of your exact question. Can you provide an example of what you have and what you are trying to achieve?
Message 4 of 4
pauldoubet

"Can not believe that all of You are happy with what is in Inventor – regarding BOM structure."

Thats Funny!!

OK, at first glance the BOM data does not look much different that in the past. But if you take time to study the capabilities in 2009 you can see a world of possibilities. And if you are willing to create a custom Content Center Library you can really reduce your BOM data editing and create some very usable Parts Lists, Material Cut Lists, Material Order Lists, and Purchased Parts Lists.

Search the forums for BOM or Parts List or take a look at some of the posts I have made recently.

Hope this helps, Paul

Edited by: pauldoubet on Dec 4, 2008 9:18 PM Edited by: pauldoubet on Dec 4, 2008 9:20 PM

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report