Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bolted connection not in holes

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
daniem
223 Views, 3 Replies

Bolted connection not in holes

Hi all,

Bolted connection generator is giving me an error.

I am place bolts into slotted holes so I created axis (after point connection also failed) for concentric connection.

With set up the bolts appear in the correct positions (generator.png attached)

but after setup, not all bolts are placed & the are rotated and in the wrong place - in the red circle of result.png attached.

I have restarted Inventor & my PC, as this sometimes solve some issues, but not in this case.

There is other bolted connections in the assy that is in place and working perfect

@johnsonshiue, I noted you solved a similar issue on another thread but those solutions doesn't work for me.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
blandb
in reply to: daniem

Can you "cheat" the system by in your slots, add a circular cut that is ".001" larger than the slot? This gives you a circular section to place the BC on. Just a thought.

slot.pngslot cut.png

Autodesk Certified Professional
Message 3 of 4
daniem
in reply to: blandb

Thanks blandb,

This is not a bad option, might even be quicker than my work around.

I placed all the blots, washers & nuts in separately and constrained them to where I want them.

Message 4 of 4
blandb
in reply to: daniem

I am not a fan of bolted connections, so I place fasteners in individually, then copy and paste the stack, or pattern as needed lol.

Autodesk Certified Professional

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report