Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bodies folder and selection gone from .ipt file

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
eucci
659 Views, 7 Replies

Bodies folder and selection gone from .ipt file

Check out the attached file. 

It's a multibody part derived from a former multibody part.

Since the source .ipt was giving me so much trouble I derived it into a new .ipt to avoid the errors and rebuilding of the source.

Thinking I had found a good workaround I happily marched forward with a number of adjustments.

However, I just noticed that the "solid  bodies" folder is gone and I cannot browse to them.

How can this just disappear?

Is there a way to get the folder back?

This part was migrated from 2020 to 2021 

Currently I'm running INV pro 2021 build 245, release 2021.1.2

Any help is greatly appreciated

Thank you

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
johnsonshiue
in reply to: eucci

Hi! This is a browser corruption bug. Do you still have the file before migrating to 2021? Do you know how you reproduced the behavior?

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 3 of 8
eucci
in reply to: johnsonshiue

Johnson,

I'm realizing that I misspoke about this file. It was not migrated from 2020. The source part was (available to you in the other thread) however, I kicked it out to this 2nd stage derive after I started using 2021

Message 4 of 8
johnsonshiue

Hi! Are you using any non-Autodesk published Inventor add-ins?

Many thanks!

Software Test Engineer
Message 5 of 8
eucci

Johnson,

I was using some simlab pdf and sketchup import/export plugins in 2020. However, I uninstalled them prior to moving to 2021 and have not re-installed them

Message 6 of 8
eucci

Johnson,

I'm going through my process to see if I can reproduce the behavior. Immediately I notice that when I open up the source part that I derived an additional stage (to avoid the cyclical dependency error bug) I can see that the structure at the top of the browser appears to be corrupted. See attached file and image. I'm going to see if I can reproduce the bug and describe the stages that got me there.

Message 7 of 8
eucci

I'm noticing that the source part allows me to move EOP up above the origin folder, coordinates, and surface bodies folder. I'm assuming that this should not be allowed.

Message 8 of 8
johnsonshiue

Hi! This is a corruption for sure. The EOP should stop right below origin folder. The behavior you described sound like the browser nodes are already misplaced and corrupted. The common limit does not apply any more. This is wrong.

If you happen to find the steps leading to the corruption, please let us know asap.

Many thanks!

Software Test Engineer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report