Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BIG trouble with iLogic in Inventor 2019

11 REPLIES 11
SOLVED
Message 1 of 12
Anonymous
733 Views, 11 Replies

BIG trouble with iLogic in Inventor 2019

Hi all,

I create a lot of models for Inventor 2016-2017-2018. These models are managed by iLogic rules. A my client called me because he is passed to Inventor 2019 and a lot of models don't work. Today I tryed to verify the models and I think the problem is in iLogic. To get the problem you must do these steps

1. Download the models attached
  2. Open the assembly with Inventor 2019 (the models are made using inventor 2019)
  3. Click on "Modulo 1" in iLogic browser
    img1.png
  4. Chanche the fields' content adding "+1000mm"
    img2.png
  5. The rules will change the  parameters in the ipt file
  6. Remove the "+1000mm" from the fields

Now there is the problem

Inventor doesn't respond and it take more and more RAM. Inventor is in a infinite loop. If you changhe the parameters directly in the ipt (by iLogic or Parameters form) the problem doesn't exists. This is the reason because I believe that the problem is in iLogic.

Form me and my clients is a BIG PROBLEM because I created a lot of parametric models drived by iLogic rules.

Thanks a lot for each help

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
Curtis_Waguespack
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous ,

I tested your assembly quickly in Inventor 2019 and I see the issue: Changing the parameter in the assembly form caused inventor to become non-responsive.

However, I question if it is the iLogic that is the issue, or something with the way the part model is updating.

I did not investigate further, but I did do a quick test to check if a simple model would update as expected in Inventor 2019 as described below.

If I create a simple cube part and then place it in an assembly, then create 3 parameters in the assembly and create an ilogic rule and form to update part parameters from the assembly, it all works as expected in Inventor 2019.

Also just as a tip, you can search and ask programming questions of this type on the Inventor Customization forum too:
http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Inventor-Customization/bd-p/120

I hope this helps.
Best of luck to you in all of your Inventor pursuits,
Curtis
http://inventortrenches.blogspot.com

Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
in reply to: Curtis_Waguespack

Hi Curtis,
thanks for your reply. I updated the ipt file adding a new module iLogic to modify the parameters. If you are modifying the ipt directly from it the problem doesn't exist.

This problem is born with Inventor2019, I have Inventor2018 and this problem there is not

Message 4 of 12
Anonymous

I created a small (and awfull) application to modify the parameters' value of document(s).

1. Open "Assieme 1.iam"
  2. Make "Assieme 1.iam" the document visible
  3. Open "WindowsFormsApp3.exe"
  4. The software shows a list of open documents in Inventor
  5. Select the ipt file and change values of parameter by a double click. You can change the value infinite times and it will work
    For each modify of parameter the software update the ipt and the document visible in inventor
  6. Select the iam file (it will change the parameters by iLogic rules) and now the problem is on after 4 or 5 changes

This behavior make me quite sure that the problem is in iLogic.

Know someone how to send this problem to autodesk developer?

Message 5 of 12
Curtis_Waguespack

@MjDeck can you have a look at this issue to see if you can observe and address the issues that valerio5H2WR  is describing?

Thanks!

Message 6 of 12
MjDeck
in reply to: Curtis_Waguespack

Yes, I can see the issue. It's not caused by iLogic. It looks like it might have something to do with this particular part. I'm looking into it in more detail.
I attached a VBA script that will demonstrate the problem. To make sure iLogic isn't running, suppress the rule in the assembly and/or unload the iLogic add-in completely. Then activate the assembly and run this VBA script. It will emulate what iLogic does:
- with the assembly active, modify a parameter in the part (by setting its expression)
- update the assembly
The VBA script will prompt you several times for a new parameter expression. It changes only the LarghezzaVasca_Ex parameter. If you toggle between 3000 mm and 4000 mm several times, you should see the problem.

Mike Deck
Software Developer
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
in reply to: MjDeck

Thanks for your reply, this problem exists in other my models (about 5 models). If you want I can send you these models.

Thanks a lot

Message 8 of 12
MjDeck

Yes, more models would probably help us to identify the problem and confirm the fix. Can you post them here? If not, I can provide a OneDrive link.

Mike Deck
Software Developer
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
in reply to: MjDeck

Hi,

I prefer share the models by OneDrive because these models are of my client and is not good make they public.

Thanks

Message 10 of 12
johnsonshiue

Hi! Just to provide some update, there is indeed a performance issue with one of the parts. For some reason, merging faces takes longer than before. It has been reported as INVGEN-27995.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 11 of 12
Anonymous
in reply to: johnsonshiue

Hi Johnson,

thanks for your replay. I tried to remove the merge from mirror functions and now it is working. For this work is not a problem because my model are only for a presentation but I hope you will fix this bug because on real model are a problem.

Thanks a lot for the solution.

P.s. can you send a link to a page how there is the problem? (It has been reported as INVGEN-27995)

Message 12 of 12
johnsonshiue

Hi! Just in case you still need to have the mirror, you could use Mirror Whole Body option -> create a new body without merging the faces. I know this is not ideal for some cases but at least you can keep working on it.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report