Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bend radius logic not making sense (Cable & Hanress)

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
CDuPlessisTQEZQ
117 Views, 0 Replies

Bend radius logic not making sense (Cable & Hanress)

Good day everyone.

I don't know if I'm just being an idiot, but I have a problem with this cable and harness environment.

Now, I know that the method I'm using isn't potentially the "right" way of using this environment, and any help and advise would be really appreciated.

I'm using the cable and harness environment to do some routing for a project. We'll be using flexible conduit pipe to protect the wire.

I created my own "Wire" in the environment with the specs of the flexible conduit pipe. It has a max outside diameter of Ø33.4mm with a max bend radius of 101.6mm. 

Now, Inventor asked for the max bend radius in a different way ( _ × Diameter ) but I already know that that is 3.05 times.

Problem:

Now, I have images attached that show 2 points that I wish to connect with the flexible conduit pipe and for me everything checks out. It's straight forward, 2 points over each other with enough height (according to my calculations) but it's still giving me a bend radius violation.

I'm new to this and I've not worked with electrical components all that much, potentially it might be something dumb that fixes it, or I just might be unlucky. Either way, if anybody has advice on the matter, I'd really appreciate it!

Labels (3)
0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report