Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Balloons and BOM Views

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
275 Views, 2 Replies

Balloons and BOM Views

When you first put a balloon it asks you to pick the BOM view (either Structured or Parts Only). Once you choose one of these two is there any way to change it to the other ? For example, if you chose structured but now I want to choose Parts only how would I do it ?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
swalton
in reply to: Anonymous

I believe you will have to delete the Parts List, and maybe the balloons from the drawing.  Then place a new parts list and re-balloon.

Steve Walton
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Inventor 2023
Vault Professional 2023
Message 3 of 3
johnsonshiue
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi! The quick answer is no. Once a PartsList for an iam file is placed, the PartsList structure for the iam is fixed. There is no way to change it. This behavior was designed to avoid any potential item number collision.

However, there is a backdoor access to place two different structured PartsLists for the same iam file. Use it at your own risk. Simply start a new idw/dwg file and create a PartsList for the iam file in the other BOM structure. Then copy the entire sheet from the new idw/dwg and paste it to the old sheet.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report