Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Balloon Instance properties not shown in Part list

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
tbekavac
211 Views, 5 Replies

Balloon Instance properties not shown in Part list

Hi everyone, 

I need some help with instance properties. By new standard in my company I need to put unique ID tag for every component. I put instance properties for every component but when I come to drawing I want that unique ID shows only in balloons and not in part list. If I put in BOM to merge instance properties in balloon it's not shown and when not merged I get 10 or 15 lines in part list of same component. When I use group in part list I get 15 ITEM numbers for same component or need to renumber all components. 

Example: In my assembly there is 15 gate valves with electric actuator witch each needs to have unique ID tag so electrician can adress each actuator and that ID needs to be shown in drawing with ITEM number. 

Thank you in advance.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
johnsonshiue
in reply to: tbekavac

Hi! Once the instance rows are not merged (due to instance property), each row gets an item number. To consolidate them in one row on the PartsList, you do need to enable Group setting. You may set the first key to "Part Number", so that these instances are merged back to a row. Would it work for you?

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 3 of 6
tbekavac
in reply to: johnsonshiue

Tried to solve that with group setings but when I leave item numbers in group settings for new component item number you get list of numbers and if I uncheck box for item numbers in group settings I need to renumber 1000+ parts for witch I have exact order. One thing more about group settings is that I often work with second level of part list (1.1, 1.2, 2.1, 2.2, ...) when you use there group settings then it's even bigger problem for me often there is same component in diferent assembly (because of position or something else) they are also merged.

Message 4 of 6
johnsonshiue

Hi! It sounds like a limitation for me. But, I could be wrong. If possible, please share an example that exhibits the PartsList behavior you are seeing. I would like to understand it better.

Many thanks!

Software Test Engineer
Message 5 of 6
tbekavac
in reply to: johnsonshiue

Hi!

This is example that I made with one gate valve with actuator.

Look that I want and have it with merged instance rows:

Look I want to have.JPG

Without group settings:

tbekavac_0-1665733242164.png

Group settings with item numbers enabled

Group settings 1.JPG

Group settings with item numbers disabled

Group settings 2.JPG

 Many thanks!

Message 6 of 6
johnsonshiue

Hi! Many thanks for sharing the images! The first few are understandable. But, the last two with QTY = 0 seem wrong to me. If possible, please share the files in zip here or send it to me directly johnson.shiue@autodesk.com. I would like to understand the behavior better.

Thanks again!

Software Test Engineer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report