Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ball joint Design

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
385 Views, 3 Replies

Ball joint Design

As you know during mechanical component design process there is many force or torq variation must be considered. Because sizing of a component is depend on the force that be applied.

Ilogic is available to be utilized for parametrical design where the components of assembly have relationship between them  to make possible resizing component depend on each other. But I realized that on many applications that parameter is dimensional(cm,mm,inch). 

I want to use equations to calculate appropriate size of a component which other components are going to varing in size depend on first component.

Briefly I want to use torq or force values as a parameter instead of dimensional parameter to design appropriate assembly.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Xun.Zhang
in reply to: Anonymous

Hello @Anonymous,
Adaptive of a part is the function you are looking for, check more details from below help link.

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/inventor-products/learn-explore/caas/CloudHelp/cloudhelp/2015/ENU/Inventor-Help/files/GUID-BAD3D06C-C03D-4894-9A8C-A50D450FDD2B-htm.html

Here is a youtube video for reference.

Hope it helps!

Xun
Message 3 of 4
JDMather
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous wrote:

I want to use equations to calculate appropriate size of a component which other components are going to varing in size depend on first component.

Briefly I want to use torq or force values as a parameter instead of dimensional parameter to design appropriate assembly.

What problem are you experiencing with your equations?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 4 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: JDMather

Thank you for your interest. I am tring to understand this type of design to define exact problem. After a while i will renew my question. Thank you...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report