Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic setting for Assemble command...bug?

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
391 Views, 3 Replies

Automatic setting for Assemble command...bug?

In Inventor 2016, I'm finding that when I use the 'automatic' (default) setting for the Assemble command, it always mixes up mate & flush contraints. 

The preview shows correctly, but when I confirm it, the part is not placed like the preview....it flips from mate to flush or flush to mate....usually putting one part inside another. 

Is anyone else seeing this behavior, this has to be a bug right?  I feel like I'm taking crazy pills. 

Please Help. 

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
mflayler
in reply to: Anonymous

This was an initial bug in 2016 when it came out.  Make sure you have all your updates and service packs installed.

Inventor 2016 has SP1 for free and R2 and R3 if you are on subscription.

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

Mark Flayler - Engagement Engineer

IMAGINiT Manufacturing Solutions Blog: https://resources.imaginit.com/manufacturing-solutions-blog

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: mflayler

Thank you.

For whatever reason, Inventor is not informing me of available updates like it used to.  I noticed I don't have Application Manager installed, but couldn't find anywhere to get it. 

Can you tell me if I can install only the latest update (which I think is "Inventor2016_R3") or if I need to install anything else first?  Maybe "Inventor2016_R2"....which is 10x the size of R3. 

Message 4 of 4
SBix26
in reply to: Anonymous

R2 includes Service Pack 1, R3 does not contain any updates, only new functionality.  So install R2, then R3.

Run the installer again to select Application Manager, I think.

Sam B

Inventor Professional 2016 R3 SP1 Update 1
Vault Basic 2016 SP1
Windows 7 Enterprise 64-bit, SP1
Autodesk_Inventor_Certified_Professional_Badge.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report