Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autodesk Viewer/Autodesk Drive

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
bradford253
155 Views, 5 Replies

Autodesk Viewer/Autodesk Drive

I have been uploading large models to Autodesk Viewer in order to share them with my customer. However, He is asking if I can leave them out there longer than 30 days. Then I discovered Autodesk Drive but am having trouble uploading files to Drive. When I try to create step files to upload my Inventor crashes. Is there a way to copy files from Viewer to Drive?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
CCarreiras
in reply to: bradford253

@bradford253 wrote:

Is there a way to copy files from Viewer to Drive?

Hi!

It's Not possible to copy from viewer to drive.

Tip: as a workaround, after the 30 days, you can always upload the model to more 30 days... and so on.

CCarreiras

EESignature

Message 3 of 6
pcrawley

Try this:  Create a DWF from Inventor, then upload the DWF using Autodesk Drive: https://drive.autodesk.com/home (There's an upload function - or you can just drag-and-drop into the web page.) 

Once your DWF is uploaded, you can enable the link and share it:

pcrawley_0-1727150866027.png

The advantage of the DWF is that you can chose which iProperties are included when you publish the DWF (and they become visible in the viewer) - plus the DWF is a tiny file compared to either Step or the full .iam and all its component parts.

Peter
Message 4 of 6
James_Willo

Hi, you can extend the 30 days as much as you like, but you have to do it manually and keep going in to add another 30 days. 

James W
Inventor UX Designer
Message 5 of 6
James_Willo

Click your profile in the top right and then 'design views.'

Next to the file you want, click extend

James_Willo_0-1727155800228.png

James W
Inventor UX Designer
Message 6 of 6
bradford253
in reply to: pcrawley

Thank you for that excellent advice. It worked fine.

Brad

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report