Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autodesk Vault Server content center and Laptop

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Mark.Valenti
329 Views, 2 Replies

Autodesk Vault Server content center and Laptop

Our in house desktops are configured to use the vault server however we have a laptop that would occasionally be used offsite and not connected to the network.  We use Microsoft synctoy to syncronize the template files as they are all on the work server with success. What is the best way to handle the content center?

-Mark

i7-7700K @4.2GHz
32 GB Ram
Nvidia Quadro 5000
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
SBix26
in reply to: Mark.Valenti

We use the desktop CC libraries on a shared server, rather than the Vault version.  Those can be easily copied to a laptop for use off-network.

Sam B

Inventor Professional 2018.2
Vault Workgroup 2018.0
Windows 7 Enterprise 64-bit, SP1

Message 3 of 3
jhackney1972
in reply to: Mark.Valenti

The source of the content center files is not the issue.  You can have one system using the content center libraries from the Vault Server and another using them from their local desktop.  The most important thing is to have them developed locally and then checked into the Vault along with the assemblies.  You company wide Inventor project file should be configured to write all developed content center files to a library location on each workstation and then this folder should be mapped to the Vault content center folder.  (see attached image 1 and 2).   The off-site computer, I assume will not have VPN access, can use the "Get" command (see attached image 3) from the Vault Client to synchronize all the Vault content center files before leaving the network.  This process will only take a few seconds.  Any content center files generated by the off-site computer will automatically be vaulted when it returns to the network and all new and previously checked out files are checked in.

"If you find my answer solved your question, please select the Accept Solution icon"

John Hackney
Retired

Beyond the Drafting Board

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report