Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autodesk Inventor Crashing When Using Nesting Feature

30 REPLIES 30
Message 1 of 31
umesh.javir_84
1188 Views, 30 Replies

Autodesk Inventor Crashing When Using Nesting Feature

Dear Autodesk Support Team,

I am writing to report an issue I am experiencing with Autodesk Inventor. Whenever I use the nesting feature, the software crashes consistently. This problem is severely impacting my workflow and project timelines.

30 REPLIES 30
Message 21 of 31

The OneDrive model I shared with you contains an assembly file for the autoclave assembly. When I try to nest the autoclave assembly, the nesting process crashes.

@monika.romanska 

Message 22 of 31

Hi, thank you for your answer. I tried to nest the main assembly and after about 20 min it finished successfully. It contains a lot of parts (around ~1500) and requires some time for Inventor to do the process. I think the crash might be caused by the hardware - please share some information about your PC (like graphic card, RAM etc) and I will check if it might be related. 
Regards!

Message 23 of 31

MY WORK STATION: HP Z2 TOWER G9 (WORKSTATION DESKTOP PC)

Processor : 13th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-13900K 3.00 GHz
Installed RAM : 64.0 GB (63.7 GB usable)

Edition Windows 11 Pro
Version 23H2
Installed on ‎06-‎03-‎2024
OS build 22631.3672
Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22700.1009.0

DISPLAY ADAPTERS (GRAPHICS CARDS)

1. AMD RADEON PRO W6600

2. INTEL(R) UHD GRAPHICS 770

Message 24 of 31

hello any update regarding my problem?

Message 25 of 31

Hi,
Are you able to record a video on how to cause a crash?
You can share it with me in a private message to avoid sharing sensitive data

Message 26 of 31

"I'm facing crashes in my program, and it seems random. It's difficult to identify the trigger point. Is there anything I can do to debug these crashes more effectively?"

Message 27 of 31

@umesh.javir_84, I see you mentioned when you disconnect your workstation from the network, it will work. But it will crash again after you connect back. Are there any source data are coming from remote server? If so, not sure if you can have a try to download the remote server data to your local and use them instead to see if the crash still happen?

Message 28 of 31

all of our work, including parts, assembly, and drawings, is done on the same workstation. We only use the network for internet access and to log in to Autodesk Inventor.

Message 29 of 31

all of our work, including parts, assembly, and drawings, is done on the same workstation. We only use the network for internet access and to log in to Autodesk Inventor.

Message 30 of 31

Message 31 of 31

@umesh.javir_84 , got it. So the issue should not relate to add remote sources.

From the symptom, it looks like caused by adding some specific source parts cause the crash. To debug the issue, if we can reproduce the crash stably, we may can try to identify which parts might cause the issue by trying to not add all the source files, but just add parts of them to narrow down the issue parts.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report