Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto scaling of view in Inventor 2018

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
517 Views, 2 Replies

Auto scaling of view in Inventor 2018

When placing a view into a drawing and rotating the view before placing it, previous versions would auto scale the view.   Now, in Inventor 2018, it does not scale when rotated.

For example, when placing a structural steel member, the default view has always been an end/profile view.  I have always rotated the view so that the base view would be a side view showing the length of the member.

Since "upgrading" to 2018, the rotated view is huge because it's based on Inventor's suggested scale of the end view.

Is there a setting to control this?

Is it just me, or does anyone else find version 2018 to be much more annoying to use than previous versions? 

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
mcgyvr
in reply to: Anonymous

I can confirm this..

2017 would change the scale when you rotate a base view prior to placement.. 2018 does not..

And yes.. 2018 has bugs.. (seemingly more than previous versions or just ones more people notice).. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 3 of 3
johnsonshiue
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi! This is indeed another change in behavior in 2018. The scaling behavior seems to be out of sync. It does scale but it sometimes it scales to the wrong size. I don't have a sensible explanation why it behaves this way. I will work with the project team to understand it better and see what we can do to fix it.

There are a few known annoying UI workflow issues in 2018.  They should not have existed in the first place. I am very sorry for the interruption they have caused. We are trying to resolve them in a timely manner. If you notice any annoying behavior, please let us know.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report