Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto-Resize Inserted Objects (Word Files)

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
kevinelliott89
503 Views, 2 Replies

Auto-Resize Inserted Objects (Word Files)

I have a standard set of notes typed out in Microsoft Word that I insert into my Inventor drawings for springs. My company makes several types of springs, so there are different standard notes for each type. I have all of the notes broken out into sections in the word document by type and/or material. My goal is to have all of the spring information in one word file (to make it easy for others to remember which word file to use), insert it into a drawing, and edit/delete the standard notes as needed. 

The issue with this is that the object inserted onto the drawing keeps its size from the initial insertion. Is there a way to get the object to resize itself after deleting notes, which makes the list shorter? Right now, it just stretches the text to fit the original envelope.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Hi Kevin,

Unfortunately, the snapshot was taken at the time the OLE (Word doc) object was inserted. When the file is updated, the snapshot may not be updated. It is not done dynamically. You will need to resize it manually.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 3 of 3
mcgyvr
in reply to: kevinelliott89

You could just create a "spring.idw" template in Inventor with all your notes,etc...

Then simply select that template when creating a drawing for your new spring version..

The notes will be there all ready for you to edit..

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report