Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto highlights

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
Anonymous
522 Views, 8 Replies

Auto highlights

Stop auto highlights
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Rob67ert
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

I guess you mean the highlighting when you hover over a part.

Robert

If you find this reply helpful ? It would be nice if you use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Message 3 of 9

I have the same issue.

I have tried every possible settings of the two checkboxes according to your image. For me the best option is to have both unchecked but

I still would like the highlight to just highlight after mouseclicking. As it is, the highlighting start after app. 2 seconds cursor howering.

Is this possible?

Micke

Message 4 of 9

Hi there Mickle,

Welcome to this forum.
I don't understand the issue you have and what do you like.
Can you explain it a bit?
Robert

If you find this reply helpful ? It would be nice if you use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Message 5 of 9

When working in a assembly, part will highlight as soon as the mouse pointer is stationary for more than 2 seconds over it.

I would like the parts to just highlight when I mouscklick on it, not automatically after a certain time (2 sec) as it is now.

Micke

Message 6 of 9

Hi,

Try to change the selection under Tools, Application Settings

Robert

Message 7 of 9

I have tried to change the settings for the "Highlight" under Colors under Application Options under Tools. Is this what you mean?

This does not solve my problem.

Micke

Message 8 of 9

Look at the picture i sent in my last post.
Robert

Message 9 of 9
mcgyvr
in reply to: mikaellarsson2070

@mikaellarsson2070 wrote:

When working in a assembly, part will highlight as soon as the mouse pointer is stationary for more than 2 seconds over it.

I would like the parts to just highlight when I mouscklick on it, not automatically after a certain time (2 sec) as it is now.

Micke

The only way to do that is to 

#1-Uncheck "Enable Prehighlight" in tools..application options..Colors tab

#2-Change your select other delay in tools..application options..General tab to a high number (or 0 for "off")

But you will then have to right click to access "select other" as needed for other functionality or wait until whatever time you set for it has elapsed (or its totally off if set to 0) ..

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Tags (2)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report