Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto-Bolt Dimensioning

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
torben_kapp
191 Views, 5 Replies

Auto-Bolt Dimensioning

Hello smart people, 

tried searching, only found old posts regarding this!

any new workflow ideas on how to create an bolted assembly, where bolt/nut dimension and number of bolts automatically change with the hole size and hole number?

If you know a way, a list with steps would help me, I am not asking for a full tutorial, just key-words what to consider! any help and time-effort is much appreciated.

kind regards,

Torben

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

HI!

You can do this with some light iLogic code.
The main idea is:

If hole is 10mm add bolt M10 else

if hole is 20mm, add bolt M20....

etc.

Message 3 of 6

thanks, I already thought that I will have to dig into iLogic - don't have any knowledge in that yet - how would you address the number of bolts though?
Message 4 of 6
CCarreiras
in reply to: torben_kapp

Well...

You are talking about to insert bolts every time you build a new model, or...

You need to do that in a model you use often to generate different variations etc?

CCarreiras

EESignature

Message 5 of 6
torben_kapp
in reply to: CCarreiras

A model I use quite frequently - would like to accelerate the workflow of changing several flanges at once, and then, depending on their dimensions changing the already existing bolted pattern to the new flange dimensions.
Message 6 of 6
CCarreiras
in reply to: torben_kapp

You can apply the code for every one: The bad news is that you will have some work to do, but the good news is, latter you will save a lot of time.

...but a simple way to avoid lots of work is create patterns, this way you only have to apply the code to one set, and then, the pattern will do the rest.

At the end, Depends on what you want to achieve and the model specifications...

If you can share the model we can take a look on that... or if you want you can send it by private message.

CCarreiras

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report