Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Attach balloons of different styles

11 REPLIES 11
SOLVED
Message 1 of 12
Anonymous
762 Views, 11 Replies

Attach balloons of different styles

So here's  a semi-silly question, how can I attach 2 balloons of different styles?

One is the normal balloon that shows item number, simple - attach balloon, simple.

But, here's the rub - the second balloon is a different property, and needs to "stretch" with text.

I can make 2 balloons with 2 leaders - but can't attach the stretched balloon to the round balloon. See attached file, the 2 balloons need to be connected.Capture.PNG

Any ideas?

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
blair
in reply to: Anonymous

Don't think you can get an Oval to fit to your text size. You are limited to the existing shapes (don't think you can create a custom shape. You can create a new "standard" with the "stock-code" being used. Then Balloon all your items with the existing Standard, then switch to your new standard. The other would be to use the "Split" Balloon and change the "Property Display" from "ITEM,QTY" to "ITEM,STOCK NUMBER".

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 3 of 12
johnsonshiue

Hi! It is possible I misunderstood your request. But, I am able to attach the balloon leader to the leader line of the other balloon. Could you share the files here?

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
in reply to: blair

@blair

Um... I did get the oval to fit my text - that IS a balloon - there's a checkbox in the style to "stretch balloon to text size" it works perfectly.

@johnsonshiue

I'm not sure I need to attach files - can you show me a screenshot of what you've done? I want to stretch the 2nd balloon, as shown, but NOT stretch the first balloon.  There is also difference in balloon heights.

Message 5 of 12
blair

Did you get the QTY and STOCK CODE to work as well?

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 6 of 12
Anonymous

Sorry I should have clarified - I just manually type in the instrument number...

Message 7 of 12
blair

If your "Instrument Number" is in one of the iProperty fields, then you should be able to bring it in automatically as well.

In Balloon Styles setting, there is a link to the "Column Chooser" to allow you to select the fields and position, just like in the BOM settings.

Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 8 of 12
Anonymous

That is a good suggestion - the number of balloons to fill in is very small - but they need to be different sizes and connected together.  The difficulty there is attaching 2 balloons of different styles.

Message 9 of 12
johnsonshiue

Hi! Is this what you were looking for?

Balloons.jpg

Software Test Engineer
Message 10 of 12
Anonymous
in reply to: johnsonshiue

Not quite @johnsonshiue, more like this:

BALLOON ATTACHED.PNG

Only I want the "instr-999" in a different style balloon (slightly smaller height).  This is acceptable, but I'd rather have the 2 different style balloons attached in this fashion.

Message 11 of 12
johnsonshiue

Hi! I don't think Inventor balloon supports this workflow. You may need to create sketch symbols.

Many thanks!

Software Test Engineer
Message 12 of 12
Anonymous
in reply to: johnsonshiue

Thanks for the information - we'll have to live with them being the same, I think, sketched symbols don't stretch to fit text, afaik?  I suppose they could - but most of my users are fairly novice, and already overwhelmed.

This could be solved by making a filleted border around text also...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report