Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assigning reference designators

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
403 Views, 3 Replies

Assigning reference designators

I am working in the Cable & Harness tutorials for Inventor 2014. I changed the RefDes for part 360124 with no problem. Then I tried to change the RefDes for parts 360575:1 and 360575:2. In the Harness Properties dialog box I could not get the RefDes to change. I could neither erase the U? RefDes or get it to type over it to change it to U7 for part 360575:1 or U8 for part 360575:2. Why did I have no problem with the first one, Part 360124 but then cannot change the others? Thanks for any info! 

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
mcgyvr
in reply to: Anonymous

did you forget to attach something?

or are we supposed to know what those numbers mean? Smiley Wink

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 3 of 4
JDMather

Supply the exact url for the Tutorial step you are on.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 4 of 4
rwetzler

I was recently working through this tutorial and got stuck here also. It is easy to resolve, back up one step in the tutorial to "Create a Harness Assembly". After creating the Harness Assembly you can then edit/change the RefDes of the various parts. I wasted a half hour on this before finally going over the previous steps realizing I had missed that one. Tutorials can be maddening at times.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report