Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assembly to Simplified Part and Running Simulation Doesnt Work

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
ut2VF7RU
189 Views, 3 Replies

Assembly to Simplified Part and Running Simulation Doesnt Work

Hello,

I have created an assembly and want to do a simulation of static analysis. I tried to create it with derived part and normal simplify option but in both cases when I press the simulate no result shows up. I checked the forum and some suggested updates and I did them but no result so far. 

What do you think I should do? 

note 1: I tried to make simulation in the original part I have used in the assembly and it did work. but the simplified versions did not work maybe I am doing something wrong there?

ut2VF7RU_0-1719390004147.png

ut2VF7RU_1-1719390027656.png

ut2VF7RU_2-1719390045077.png

ut2VF7RU_4-1719390071174.png

ut2VF7RU_5-1719390084234.png

ut2VF7RU_0-1719390187146.png

Note 2: I am using Inventor 2025

Thank you.

Tags (1)
Labels (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
CCarreiras
in reply to: ut2VF7RU

Hi!

When you derive the part, youre selecting the multisolid mode, so it will turn your assembly into a unique part... but...
i believe there's some problems (overlaping and/or gaps) between the parts that cause some issues.

CCarreiras_0-1719397551129.png

This will cause some issues when trying to create the contacts and the mesh.

Did you try to do the analysis using the assembly?

CCarreiras

EESignature

Message 3 of 4
ut2VF7RU
in reply to: CCarreiras

Thank you for your answer,

I havent tried the assembly yet since they requested with single body. But I will try and check your suggestion for gaps.

I would like to know if you have used a simplification option or assembly to create analysis in your image. Because if it is simplification, I would like to know how you did it since, I cant do meshing or analysis, please.

Thank you. 

Message 4 of 4
ut2VF7RU
in reply to: CCarreiras

I fixed the gaps and now at least it gives an error about meshing. So i think that was the problem. I guess the inventor lacks to identify the problem about the gaps that causes problem to create mesh. And if you dont aware about this problem at all, you may think that the other functions (simplification, derive assembly etc.) are not working. Now I have to fix the problem in the meshing then I hope I can do my analysis.

Thank you, I will accept yours as a solution.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report